When I want to bake, theres always the hard choice of what to make. Should I make cookies or should I make cupcakes? These mini cupcakes combine both to form a cute and delicious treat. I made a french vanilla mini cupcake topped with cookie dough frosting and chocolate chips. I was so excited to make mini cupcakes because I bought this new pan that can make 48 mini cupcakes at once. The only problem is I cant fill the next tray while the first is baking, but I love the pan. Its perfect. I found the cake recipe at misshomemade.com and the frosting recipe at tidymom.net.
French Vanilla Cake
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Line a mini cupcake tray with wrappers.
- In a mixer, beat the butter for a couple of minutes until it is light and fluffy. Add in the sugar and beat for about 3 more minutes. While this is mixing , you can sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the eggs the the butter/sugar mixture one at a time, making sure to mix thoroughly after each addition. The batter should appear fluffy.
- Then alternately add the milk and flour mixture, starting with the flour mixture. Be sure to mix thoroughly after each addition. After all of the dry ingredients and milk are added, stir in the vanilla.
- Fill each mini cupcake cavity about 2/3 full. I used a small cookie scoop to keep the cupcakes the same size and not make a huge mess (like I usually do haha!). Once the tray is filled, bake the cupcakes for 11 minutes. Remove the mini cupcakes from the tray as soon as they come out of the oven to prevent them from continuing to cook in the pan.
- This recipe made enough batter for me to fill the tray about 2 1/2 times, so thats about 120 mini cupcakes.
While the trays were baking I began to mix up the frosting.
Chocolate Cookie Dough Frosting
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Using a mixer with a paddle attachment, combine the butter and brown sugar for a couple of minutes until it is light and fluffy.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar and mix thoroughly.
- Mix in the flour and salt.
- Then add the milk and vanilla extract. Beat until smooth.
- In a food processor chop some chocolate chips into smaller pieces for the topping.
I used a round 1A tip to ice the cupcakes and sprinkled them with the chocolate pieces.
These are the best bite-size dessert and perfect for sharing with friends and family!