This delicious recipe for Almond Crusted Fish with Roasted Peppers and Chickpeas is light and easy to prepare and pairs perfectly with the Elan 2013 Paicines Chardonnay from the winery I represent, Wineshop at Home.
- 3 Medium red bell peppers, halved and seeded
- 1/4 Cup(s) Flour
- 3 Teaspoon(s) McCormick® Gourmet Collection Moroccan Seasoning
- 2 Eggs
- 3/4 Cup(s) Sliced almonds, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 Pound(s) Haddock fillets
- 3 Tablespoon(s) Olive oil, divided
- 1 Small onion, chopped
- 1 Clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Can (15 ounces) chickpeas, (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- 1/2 Teaspoon(s) Salt
- 1 Tablespoon(s) Chopped fresh parsley
- 4 Lemon wedges
Arrange bell pepper halves in single layer on foil-lined large baking sheet. Broil 3 minutes per side or until slightly charred. Cut bell peppers into 1/2-inch cubes. Set aside.
Mix flour and 2 teaspoons of the Seasoning in shallow dish. Lightly beat eggs in separate shallow dish. Place almonds in third shallow dish. Coat fish with flour mixture, shaking off excess. Dip in egg then coat with almonds, pressing firmly to adhere.
Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in large nonstick skillet on medium heat. Add 1/2 of the fish; cook 3 minutes per side or until golden brown. Transfer fish to plate; keep warm. Repeat with remaining fish. Remove any almonds in skillet with slotted spoon.
Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in skillet on medium heat. Add onion, garlic, chickpeas, roasted peppers, salt and remaining 1 teaspoon Seasoning. Cook and stir 3 minutes or until onion is softened and mixture is heated through.
Spoon chickpea mixture onto serving platter. Top with fish and sprinkle with parsley. Serve with lemon wedges.
Related Article : Home Remedies For Corns On Feet and Toes