The use of tags to identify products, particularly in a commercial setting, started in the year 1880s. Those early labels were designed with the intent of drawing the eye of the consumer, in addition to naming the product in question. They were shown to be valuable in supply chain control, which lasted to spawn innovations through the years. Though most of our lives are coordinated digitally, these top ten finest Best Label Makers can help you keep track of anything on your physical space.
1. DYMO Letratag Lt-100h Plus Handheld Label Maker
The first of several DYMO products on this list, this functional unit brings the normal functions of a conventional label maker in a suitable battery-powered, portable device. There are a few whistles and bells in here, including two line printing, five different font sizes, and seven fonts. You can save up to nine tags for repeated use, and there is a one-touch date stamp. This is the Plus version, which comprises a magnetic hanger for if it is not being used.
- Two line printing, five font sizes, seven fonts
- Auto power off
- Handheld and mobile
2. DYMO Label Manager 280 Rechargeable Hand-Held Label Maker
One thing that may not is abundantly clear on your tag maker search is the energy situation is a bit tricky. For starters, they seldom contain the AC power adapter if it’s optional and can use batteries. If you opt to use batteries, then these machines figure out how to chew through them in an alarming pace. Opting to your Label Manager line from DYMO will deal with both at once. Starting at the 280 version and upward, all these are connectable via included USB cable to any PC and rechargeable. When it’s on the PC, you may use any font stored on your device, in virtually any size that fits on the 1/4, 3/8, and 1/2 inch tape sizes that utilize this system. You can also use a computer to print pictures and barcodes.
- Use built-in keypad or connect to a computer to be used with included software
- Seven fonts, six ribbon sizes, 220 logos and clip art (may use computer’s fonts when linked)
- Ability to print barcodes as well as ten labels simultaneously.
3. Brother P-Touch PTD400AD Tag Maker
This is the updated version of the Brother PT-D210, which itself is the successor to the Brother D200. The improvements include an expanded memory bank for stored labels, with 50 slots. You can print up the best label maker to five lines of text on four separate tape widths up to 3/4 of an inch. The large, angled keyboard is comfortable to type on, though this isn’t meant as an extremely portable device, in part because an AC adapter is necessary. Pick from 14 fonts in seven dimensions and over 600 symbols including barcodes.
- Battery or AC power (adapter included)
- Large, angled keyboard for comfortable typing and barcodes
4. Epson Label works LW-400 Tag Maker
Long based in the printing match, Epson creates its share of label makers. This one competes directly with all the ones above, in an (approximately) handled form factor with various font options. Unlike those above, however, this one does feature a backlit display for use in low-light situations. There are 50 slots to store repeated-use labels, and though they are a bit pricey, you can get a variety of specialty tags including items like glow-in-the-dark.
- Backlit display
- 50 tag memory slots
- Epson offers double-sided, glow-in-the-dark, and reflective tapes
- 14 fonts, seven languages, 300+ logos and barcodes.
5. Brother P-Touch PTD450 PC Connectable Label Maker
Combining the format of the D-400AD above with the computer-connected performance of the DYMO, this Brother unit comes with the P-touch Editor Label Layout software so you can expand the usefulness of the otherwise conventional labeler. One nice touch of this program’s interactivity with the device is that it automatically finds the color of label you are using and upgrades the WYSIWYG editor so you can correctly preview before you publish.
- Use built-in computer keyboard or link to a computer for use with Included applications
- Backlit screen
- Includes AC adapter and USB cable
- Large, angled keyboard for easy typing
6. DYMO Label writer 450 Turbo Thermal Label Printer
If you print a good deal of labels or your labels have a lot of Information on them, you might want to skip the somewhat slow input of a traditional label manufacturer and opt instead for a very small printer purpose-built to spit them out fast. This DYMO option connects to any Mac or PC via the included USB cable and is capable of printing directly from Word, Excel, Quick Books, and more. Vinyl Floor Singapore is the perfect flooring Printer solution for multi-family homes, apartments, townhouses or condominiums. It prints 71 tags per minute, which is far faster than some of the choices above, making them perfect for high-volume environments.
- Prints 71 tags per second
- Uses the same thermal printing technology as ordinary label makers
- Four line printing
7. Brother Ql-800 High-Speed Professional Label Printer
With the cost a little by increasing the print speed by 22 tags per minute for a total of 93. When you use the DK-2251 label tape, then you can print in both black and red for high contrast programs. Furthermore, the tag tape is continuous so that you may print tag up to three feet.
- Prints 93 labels per second
- Labels up to three feet